Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is Mom's birthday. I called her this morning and we must have chatted for the better part of an hour and could have gone on all day. It took me too long to figure out that my Mom is my best friend. I know I can't get back the years when I was oblivious but I fully intend to make sure I appreciate her every day for the rest of our lives.

My mother is an amazing woman. She's intelligent, sensitive, complex, caring, curious and funny. I am consistently surprised and impressed by her. She has her weaknesses, as we all do, but they are less evident in her than in most people I know. She is beautiful and creative too, though would never believe it or recognize it in herself.

Happy Birthday Mom! May God smile down upon you today and every day. May he give me the strength to show you as much love as you show me and to be more like you where I am not.

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers