Thursday, March 20, 2008

The countdown has begun

If I think about, and I do think about it quite often, Bubba and I likely have more intense conversations about our future than any couple I've known. It seems our life is a bit like a roller coaster ride. We are never positive what our direction will be from month to month. We make a few 'plans' and try our best to follow through. We pray every day and search for guidance and inspiration. Some days we feel as if we're stuck under a rock but most days we feel inspired in one direction or another. We are fascinated by a mirriad of things and seem to change focus regularly. I guess our direction is defined by the old adage "the only constant is change".

I felt guilty about that for a long time. I equated it to not finishing what I started and living without a purpose. This morning I came to grips with part of it at least, seeing it as "seeding" projects. Our calling or mission may be to be instigators; starters of projects or ministries. When I was working in transportation I always felt most productive and comfortable as the 'support staff' rather than the manager. I would have all kinds of fun formulating projects and instigating them. I didn't enjoy managing things and being the leader.

This morning we were contemplating our next move. If the weather straightens out and temperatures stay above freezing daily in Shell Rock we will be headed back to Mom & Dad's on April 1st. If it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate we may stay here a bit longer. We've decided that, despite how much we LOVE being near family, we do not want to plant ourselves in Iowa when we're through being full timers in our RV. We don't know when that will be but are pretty sure we will end up putting down roots South of the family home. We have invested in our truck and look forward to utilizing that and spending time in many different parts of the country. If we're careful with our budget, stay at least a week to a month in each place and make sure we find Angel Food Ministries locations everywhere we go, we should be able to see as much of the country as we wish. We certainly know how to live in the RV and are looking forward to learning how to travel in it. If you're careful and look at it as a lifestyle rather than as a vacation, full timing in an RV is a much more affordable way of life than being a home owner.

Enough babbling for this morning. Its climbed back over 60 outdoors and I need some sunshine.

More later ..........

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers