Saturday, January 19, 2008

Angel Food in Arkansas


Though we thought we were cold ................ alas, we were confused. Despite the fact that we awoke to 11 degrees this morning; I was informed that the Angel Food Volunteers in Iowa enjoyed a balmy -12 while unloading the trailer in Cedar Falls. Yes, you read right, it was twelve degrees below zero there. BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As reserved as ever, as you can see, Bubba jumped right in and enjoyed helping unload the truck and set up the table. The Host Site Director, Greg, brought his four teenagers to help and we enjoyed the company of several others we had met at church as well.
Tonight we're looking forward to a wild game feed and the beginning of Revival; my first. Rene is coming with us as well as Cecilia's Mom. The new pastor who has been "called" to the church will give his first message tonight and will continue to preach throughout the five night Revival. The congregation will then vote to decide whether they accept him as their new Pastor.



More later ....

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers