Tuesday, January 29, 2008

8 years of love

Not the best photo, I admit, but the most recent I found of Bubba and I. This shot was taken after services on the day we became members of the Heritage United Methodist Church.

Today we celebrated 8 years of wedded bliss. Its hard to believe we've been together 9 years. Time flies when you're memory is spiratic. HA HA HA Just kidding.

Our relationship has been like few I've ever heard of. for the first 5 years no one would believe we weren't newlyweds. We've never faught, not even really argued. We've disagreed on things and been disappointed in one another at times, but never angry. We made one agreement with each other when we met; "If you think it, you say it." If you have a feeling or an idea, share it. It doesn't matter how trivial, positive or negative it might be; its in the open.

It was difficult at first. It was a learning process for both of us, but we were determined to follow the one rule we set for ourselves. We told each other where we thrive and where we falter and agreed to help each other where we needed it. Now, 9 years later, we're nearly one person. We've both gotten much stronger in our faith these past 8 years and I know that is one of the greatest bonds we share. We've been through some difficult times. There were days when I raced him to the ER and wasn't sure if he would come home with me. But he always did and he's feeling better now, most days, than he has in years.

I thank the Lord every day for bringing Robert Allen Brooks into my life. :-)

More later .....

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you more wife. Just go ahead and make me blubber.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers