Friday, October 17, 2008

... let us rejoice and be glad in it

Last weekend we decided to see a couple things in Branson we thought looked interesting. The shows are not our thing but the zoo and the Duck ride were right down our alley. The Duck at Branson Landing takes off on land, tours historic downtown Branson, then dives into Lake Taneycomo. I took a few pictures along the way.
The big pipes you see are on the lake side of a grand fountain, created by the same folks who put the fountains at the Bilagio in Vegas. The pipes are fire cans and spew flames coreographed with the water.
I can honestly say the fisherman was there first. ha ha ha  He must have the right idea though, because the bird was there even after he left. Lake Taneycomo connects the White River to Table Rock Lake ......... I think. The water is very cold and it is proported to be a great place to fish for trout. Mom & Dad are coming down the last week of October and we're gonna give it a try. 
This is Captain Jed. He's a retired school teacher from Branson and has been guiding the Duck tours of Branson and Lake Taneycomo for some time now. He was a real joy to tour with and made me laugh out loud many times. 
Some of the leaves are just starting to turn and some have already fallen. The weather is HEAVEN on earth! 70's in the day and 40's & 50's at night. Some days are just in the 60's and thats even better. 
The absolute simplest dessert recipe I've ever made, but it needs something. It needs texture or a variation in flavor or something. Its good, don't get me wrong, but I'm trying to figure out how to tweak it. If you try it and figure something out, please let me know. 

4 cups rhubarb  ( I used frozen and thawed it just enough for the pieces to separate)
1 package strawberry jello
1 cup sugar ( I used Splenda)
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cup of water
1 white cake mix

Butter a 9 x 13 pan
Spread rhubarb in the pan
Mix sugar & jello and sprinkle over rhubarb
Sprinkle cake mix over the jello
Carefully pour water over all
Slice butter evenly over all

Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if you wish. Who knows, that might be what its missing.   ;-)  


More later .......

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers