Sunday, July 19, 2009

A beautiful day

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. As I sit here reflecting on this past week I think of several things that I consider blessing.

This week we were able to stock our freezer with a hind quarter of beef. What a great feeling. Its something I've never done before and that I remember from childhood. Buying meat in volume gives a great feeling of security and affords a great savings in the grocery bill. We are well stocked with extra lean ground beef, T-Bone steaks, Sirloin steaks, Round steak, Rump roast, Liver and a nice rump roast.

Thursday night we went to the annual meeting of the Concho Valley Electric Coop. We became members when we moved into the house. It was my first experience like this; a business meeting, dinner and door prize night. The barbeque was awesome!! The meeting was sort of interesting and the door prizes all went to other people. ;-)

Its very silly to, at nearly 43, be saying I really felt like an adult this week. HA HA HA The things we did and the conversations we had brought Mom & Dad to mind over and over. Then, in church this morning, Mike preached about respecting our elders and taking care of family members. It all seemed to fit together like a faith puzzle again.

My life is so blessed. I see it and feel it every day and it is simply amazing. My life just keeps getting better and better.

In your prayers tonight please remember Lorenzo Luna. He is a very, very dear and precious man who needs our well wishes to support him through a brief trial in his life. Please ask for strength and peace for him and his family.

More later ...........

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers