Friday, September 26, 2008

One more quick thing


I keep forgetting to photograph this hat and post it. This one took me a long time as hats go. Most of my hats find their detail in the shape rather than the stitch. Almost every other hat I've made, and there have been dozens, was not of a pattern because I had not yet learned that patience. This hat gets it's detail from the stitch rather than the shape. Its the first time I've crocheted cables and it was actually fun! I did learn from this pattern that I need to work up a 'guage' as all patterns suggest. I seem to crochet so tightly that I require a hook two sizes larger than suggested. I'm getting more confident with every pattern I follow and may, some day, attempt a sweater or some other adult garment. 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers