Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here it comes again

Here it comes again. Bad weather expected for the Midwest again today and tonight. There is a high risk of tornado activity in the area later today and I intend to be as ready as I can be. The wind gusts and sheets of rain sent us running into the house in the early morning hours last night. YUCK

What must I do to consider myself 'ready' for a big storm. Well, I think of the things that we might need while in the basement during a storm or shortly after. We gather flashlights, weather radios and blankets. We put a few bottles of water in a cooler, then we think about prescription medicines and copies of financial information and insurance policies. If we have time to plan ahead, such as today, I pack a little bag with the small, valuable and uninsured items we posses like laptops, cameras and my gemstone collection. I consider photos but remember that I've packed many off to storage and the rest are in photo albums that simply take up too much space. In a tornado I guess I consider them expendable.

I feel extremely fortunate, in times like these, that Bubba and I have learned how to live in such a small space and have enjoyed the liberation of being freed from most of our worldly possessions. When it all comes down to staying safe in a bad storm, the most and ultimately ONLY important thing is preserving life.

We thank GOD for each and every day he gives us. We strive to live the life he chooses for us. We try to understand that the struggles we go through serve to strengthen our faith and our resolve to make Love the most important thing in the world.

More later .......

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

THANK THE LORD FOR EACH DAY AND EACH EXPERIENCE

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers