Saturday, June 21, 2008

Grotto of the Redemption


Until last year I had never heard of the Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend, Iowa. I guess both my folks and many people I know had gone to it decades ago but hadn't since then. To say the least it was a GLORIOUS experience. Nine actual 'grottos' in all, one inside the church, what Father Dobberstien started turned into something truly amazing. If you ever get the chance to witness it for yourself, please don't pass it up.

As well as my first visit to the Grotto it was Mom & Dad's inaugural trip with their RV. It went great!!! The mosquitoes were the only bummer at the camp ground; that and Dad's baptism of rinse water at the RV dump station. HA HA HA HA HA I think we all agree that our next camping trip needs to involve drowning worms. None of us have been fishing yet this year and its about time.

This morning was Angel Food Distribution again. We thought for a bit that we might not have nearly enough help, but as usual it turned out just perfect. We're very glad to be involved now more than ever as there are so many folks who really need the grocery relief due to the natural disasters that seem to be plaguing this part of the country this year.

Mom & Dad celebrated 49 years of marriage today!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you Lord for bringing them together and therefore bringing me into the world.

Tomorrow I pack for a trip with my Sis. We're heading to Georgia for PFC Jon Carr's graduation from Basic Training and AIT. Not sure if you remember but Jon is extended family that we love very much and are very proud of. After this graduation he is off to Airborne training and eventually Special Forces ..... WOW We pray for him every day; please join us.

Well I better head. Another couple loads of laundry to finish so I can pack and one of my all time favorite classic movies just came on ...... YOU'VE GOT MAIL

More later .......

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers