Monday, May 26, 2008

We are so blessed

Once again last night extreme storms blew through the upper Midwest. We prepared ourselves because we knew the weather was perfect to create a tornado and were in the basement for nearly half an hour. As it ended up there were tornadoes all around us again but no one we know was hurt. We do know some who lost their homes and haven't heard yet who those were who lost their lives.

Emergency crews and every kind of rescue imaginable is happening right now just 6 miles and 15 miles South of us. In New Hartford a new housing addition was destroyed and at least two lives were lost.
In Parkersburg nearly a third of the town was destroyed and at least five lives were lost.


Sadly, some of those who lost their lives in Parkersburg were in the basement attempting to protect themselves from the storm and were crushed by debris from the home.

The news listed this photo as A1 RV Park but I believe it is A1 RV Sales and Service which suffered some damage due to straight line winds and several units were upended. Thankfully no one was hurt at this location.

We pray for those who have lost family members and those who have lost their homes. May you feel God's loving hand embracing you and supporting you through this difficult time.

More later ....

PRAY OFTEN
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH

GOD BLESS

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers