Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Neighbors

We finally met one of our new neighbors today. We were at the house long enough for her to see us and stop by. I am going to enjoy living next to Jan! She is a woman after my own heart. She has worked for the Humane Society for over 20 years. I look forward to volunteering with her beginning next month. And, once we get the house done and we're completely moved in, we're going to start fostering dogs. 

We are making a trip to Iowa in June so we're not planning on bringing in any animals to the farm before then, other than the two geese and two ducks that are already there. We don't want to have to ask for help from our new neighbors so soon. The pastures are starting to green up a bit and we will need to keep them cleared so Bubba offered our front pasture to Jan today if she is interested. She raises goats and her husband raises sheep. Sounds like a good way to start a good neighborly relationship. She sounded interested. She has several goats about to kid and she might bring them over.

I look forward to learning tons of great things from this native Texan!

More later .........

PRAY OFTEN 
LIVE WELL
LAUGH OFTEN
LOVE MUCH  

1 comment:

wtf-ery said...

Yay! Sounds like you are making progress already! Are you still in shock and awe?

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
San Angelo, Texas, United States
I love my life! I'm a middle aged Southern Baptist married to my soul mate and following my dreams.

Followers